Dominion Energy Solutions
Terms and Conditions of Residential Electric Service
(Rate R and RT)
Dominion Energy Solutions is licensed by the CT Department of Public Utility Control (DPUC) to offer and supply electric generation services in Connecticut. “We", “us”, “our”, or “Dominion” refers to Dominion Energy Solutions. “You” or “your” refers to the customer whose electric generation service is being supplied by Dominion. UI refers to The United Illuminating Company. Levco Tech Inc. is an authorized sales representative for Dominion Energy Solutions. These Terms and Conditions govern your purchase of electric generation services from us. Please keep a copy for your records.
1. Price: You agree to pay $0.0685 per kilowatt-hour (kWh) through October 31, 2013. This price is for generation services only and does not include any applicable taxes. In addition, you are responsible for paying UI’s distribution and transmission charges as well as any other applicable UI charges.
2. Term: Service will begin on your next meter read date after UI processes your enrollment and will continue through October 31, 2013 (“Initial Term”). Prior to the end of the Initial Term or any Renewal Term, Dominion will provide you written notice of renewal, including the term of such renewal ("Renewal Term") and the pricing plan that will apply during the Renewal Term ("Renewal Notice"). This agreement will automatically renew at the pricing plan and for the Renewal Term set forth in the Renewal Notice unless you request we cancel your service.
3. Right of Rescission: You have the right to cancel your enrollment and this agreement with no penalty anytime before midnight of the third business day after you receive a written copy of this document.
4. Cancellation Provisions: You may cancel this agreement with us at any time without penalty, including upon the expiration of the initial fixed price. Cancellation will not become effective until processed by UI. At least 30 days’ notice to us is required for cancellation. If you move within UI’s service territory, you may request that UI transfer our generation supply service to your new address. Your obligation to make payment hereunder for services provided by us prior to termination will survive the termination of your generation supply service from us.
5. Billing: You will continue to receive a single bill from UI that will contain its charges and our charges as well as information concerning billing terms and conditions and other information required by law. Bills will be due according to UI’s billing schedule and will be subject to UI’s payment terms, including late payment fees.
6. Information Disclosure As a Dominion customer, you authorize UI to release to us information concerning your account, including account number and payment history. You can access the disclosure label associated with our generation supply service at our web page (www.dom.com/products) or by calling us toll free at 1-877-796-0961 to request a copy by mail at no charge.
7. Distribution Service: Taking service from Dominion does not affect customer’s distribution or transmission service and such services will continue to be provided by UI. The current published average residential distribution charge for UI as of January 1, 2013 is $0.126738 per kWh.
8. Dispute Procedures: Contact us regarding any questions, concerns, or disputes related to our service by phone (toll free) at 1-877-796-0961 or by mail at P.O. Box 298, Pittsburgh, PA 15230. If you are not satisfied after discussing your concerns with us, you may contact the Connecticut Department of Public Utility Control at (860) 827-1553 or toll-free at 1-800-382-4586, or TDD at (860) 827-2837, or by mail at Ten Franklin Square, New Britain, CT 06051.
9. Notice: Notice under this agreement may be sent by United States mail or email to the email address provided.
10. Emergency Service: In the event of an electric outage, service interruption or other emergency, you should immediately contact UI directly at 1-800-722-5584.
11. Limits on Warranty and Damages: YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ASSOCIATED WITH THE ELECTRICITY GENERATION SERVICE SOLD HEREUNDER. WE WILL BEAR NO LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES.
12. Governmental Actions: If action is taken by federal or state governmental authorities that significantly changes the way Dominion does business with you, we may terminate your generation supply service upon 30 days prior written notice.
13. Assignment: We may assign this agreement to an affiliate, in whole or in part, at any time. We will provide you at least 30 days prior written notice of any assignment.
Dominion Energy Solutions
P.O. Box 298, Pittsburgh, PA 15230
1-877-796-0961 (toll free) Mon.-Fri. 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM EST